Monday, 10 February 2014

Decision Made

Earlier in January I showed you this bottle just before we finished the pickles in it. I didn't want to put it in the recycle bin so started to think about possible uses. 
   

Well, we have a couple of books on terrariums here and here they were my inspiration. 

Once planted I thought it looked good but the lid was rather plain. 

Several evenings of playing with my crochet hooks and yarn stash and my little mushroom garden grew on top of the jar.


Techniques used include double crochet, French knots, chain or lazy daisy stitch and straight stitch.


It sits on the window sill in our kitchen and we think it is a bit of fun.

2 comments:

Anna said...

What a fun top. The toadstools go so well with the plants.

Patchwork and Play said...

Great recycling and crochet! Those toadstools are very cute!